Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Five Favorites (Vol. 8)



- 1 -
My Elliptical



A few weeks ago I bemoaned the fact that I couldn't quite justify a membership to Gold's Gym. On a whim I decided to post on a local give/get recycle networks that I was looking for an elliptical. I did not expect any response but a few days later I received an e-mail from an individual who was looking to get rid of her machine and only wanted $65 (this included delivery!). I was skeptical and expected it to be falling apart and basically just a piece of junk, but we decided to go for it and when it got here we were delighted to find that it was in excellent condition and working great! I really can't express how amazing it is to be able to go down in my own basement and have a solid workout that doesn't destroy my knees. Best $65 spent ever! 

- 2 -
Cold Shower After Workout


I realize that this may strike some of you as a bizarre "favorite", but truly there are few things I love as much as a cold shower after a solid workout. It's like the adult version of jumping into a pool at the peak of summer (though admittedly not as awesome). 

- 3 -
 Family Visits
Nana and Leo (AKA The Wiggleworm)

Kisses for Nana
Visits from family are the best, aren't they? My mom came down for a few days just last weekend and while no visit is truly long enough, it was awesome to grab some time together! Leo definitely enjoyed the extra attention and getting to love on his Nana :)

- 4 -
Leo Giggles


I'm sure this goes without saying after watching that video, but I would do just about anything to hear that little boy's laughter. That being said, I cannot believe I posted that and allowed you to hear my unbelievably annoying voice semi-yelling recipes. Motherhood.......

- 5 -
Fresh Peaches
DELISH!
So I just got back from an awesome afternoon visiting and thrift store shopping (!!!) with a good friend of mine in Leesburg and what does my husband have waiting for me? FRESH PEACHES! I am not talking about grocery store peaches, folks. I mean those melt-in-your-mouth peaches that must've grown on trees in Heaven and fell to Virginia! Time to go eat some more!

Make sure you check out the amazing Hallie!

~ Happy Wednesday ~


1 comment:

  1. Bebe kisses!! Aw! And just a little jealous of some sweet juicy peaches... I don't even buy them anymore here.

    ReplyDelete