Friday, October 10, 2014

7 Quick Takes


 

- 1 -

I'm going to settle for a cartoon depiction and not a selfie on this one

On the one hand I cannot believe that I am only 30 weeks pregnant because it boggles my mind that I can continue to get bigger for the next 10 weeks. I expressed this thought to my husband and he assured me that I can and will... I think he may have missed the point but anyway. On the other hand, I cannot believe that at some point in the next 10 weeks (please God - let this little one have a different attitude than her brother) we are going to have ex-utero children! I know that I will love and treasure this little girl (I already do) but at the end of most days I feel like it's just been one parenting or spousal fail after another (on my end). For instance, it is only 8 am and Leo is already watching Disney's Robin Hood.

- 2 -


This is Leo's obsession. No other movie will do. We have tried to introduce other films and at the end of the day the only thing that our little lion desires is his beloved "Robbie". I had a theory that it was because it featured talking animals but 101 Dalmatians certainly held no attraction. In actuality that is totally fine because we only watched the first 20 minutes or so and I had forgotten that it is a rather dark movie. I still have high hopes for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and The Rescuers Down Under, however, because those are two movies that I will always carry a strong affection for. Oh man, see what I've done?! I've completely strayed from my original point and that is that I never wanted TV to be, well, "A Thing" in our house. Maybe nature videos from Animal Planet and Discovery Channel but that was supposed to be the end! But that was before pregnancy insomnia reared its ugly hideous head and Leo went from waking up between 7 - 8 am to 6 am. Or even before 6 am. Which leads me to this...
- 3 -


I hate it when people use God's name in vain so please excuse that BUT that is the closest thing to how I feel when I hear Leo wake up in the morning before 7 am. That and this

- 4 -


There is no escape. Only coffee.

- 5 -

Thanks to a number of Facebook shares I recently discovered this site and have had some many much needed laughs. The cluster-feeding one might just be my favorite.

- 6 -


One of the best birthday gifts I have ever received came this year in the form of a subscription to Magnificat. It is easy to use and just so helpful in terms of providing a concrete way to incorporate prayer and meditation into daily life, which is something that I need to work on in a big way!

- 7 -

I know this is a super lame post and not exactly the best way to get back into blogging but I cannot stomach giving Leo one more moment of screen time this morning and the coffee hasn't kicked in enough for me to be creative. I guess I'll throw this one in since my last post mentioned the living project.

Yep - we actually finished it and managed to remain sane!


Now go see Jen!


~ Happy Friday ~

6 comments:

  1. Love this. Love Leo, love your living room. Love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your living room turned out great!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the living room love! It wasn't exactly what I had envisioned but it sure makes coming home more fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that version of Robin Hood as a kid! My guys (identical twin boys who are 3.5 years old) love Finding Nemo and Peter Pan. Though Capt Hook calls both Wendy & TinkerBell a [rhymes with] "wrench" on two separate occasions. Oops.
    And my kids have ALWAYS been early risers. Today was a 5:30 am day. Fun times. We have one of those clocks that changes color so they know they can't go downstairs until the clock turns yellow, but man alive, now we need to work on them being QUIET while they wait for the "sun" to come up. And congrats on bambino numero 2!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robin Hood is a favorite in our house too. And it has been played before 7 am on more than one occasion. :-)

    ReplyDelete