1. Thank You : Last Friday I thanked you for your prayers regarding Ben's travels to Virginia. This week I am thanking you for the prayers you offered that helped us get the job! That is right, folks - my incredible husband accepted an offer to be a full-time professor at Christendom College! He will be teaching English Literature and I have no doubt that he is going to do nothing but impress!
2. Virginia : The plan is to move sometime this Summer. We will be relocating from South Bend/Mishawaka, Indiana to Front Royal, VA, which is nestled in the gorgeous Shenandoah Valley. Below is one of the first pictures that popped up when I googled "Front Royal, VA"
|I have no idea what the Blue Ridge Mountains meet....|
It isn't an area known for epic shopping malls and a swingin' nightlife but Ben and I have never really needed those kinds of things. Don't get me wrong - I love to get my shop on! I'm pretty sure that I will find a way to survive, however. One of many fun things about where we will be moving to is that when I was quite a bit younger I randomly decided that Virginia was the state I was going to raise a family in. Period. I was very vocal about this. I don't know why it was Virginia over North Carolina or Georgia or Pennsylvania, but it was. I guess God took this under consideration.
3. Buy vs. Rent : Ben and I are having a blast looking at real estate in the Front Royal area and dreaming about what the future might bring. There is a lot of time before we have to decide between buying or renting and right now we are just gathering facts and information, but needless to say it is an exciting time in our lives!
4. Baby : Speaking of exciting times, I have no news whatsoever to report on the baby Leo front. This is why I am writing this post whilst sitting on an exercise ball. Is it comfortable? Sure, at first. But after a few hours there is a definite part of me that would love to do this --
I am basically out of "natural induction" methods. Not that I've minded trying them out (minus castor oil - never doing that). Last night Ben and I got take out from a delicious Asian restaurant around the corner and I got Hot Hot Beef Pad Thai (one scoop short of their "Insanely Hot") and that was awesome! I had an ultrasound at my doctor's office today to make sure that everything is alright and of course everything is. Still, if I do not go into labor all by myself by Tuesday evening my doctor is having me to into the hospital at 6:00 PM to be induced. This wouldn't be so bad except for I literally get texts, emails, and phone calls about every hour asking if I had the baby yet. I am the worst secret keeper of all time so how ANYONE thinks I could go into labor and not go nuts with texting, calling, and internet posting is beyond me. Oh well. No, I have not had the baby. Yes, I realize I'm overdue. Yes, I realize I look "ready to pop." Yes, I have taken to leaving my phone in rooms where I am not. And yes, I do appreciate the fact that people care and are interested and I am not trying to come across like a complete tool.
5. Posture : Using the exercise ball may not have helped me go into labor but it has made it abundantly clear that my posture needs some improving. If there were a mirror in the office I am sure it would show me sitting something like this
6. Cooking : I was planning on making pan-fried chicken tonight for dinner. It is the easiest thing ever and requires almost no effort. But I got a little carried away and by the time dinner was ready it was herb chicken with sauteed onions and carrots and a savory broth. Normally my culinary experiments are disastrous so this was a pleasant surprise (particularly those carrots!). Who knows - maybe my Monday experiments are having an actual positive effect!
7. Lent : Obviously we all know that Lent began last week. Because I will have to return to a mostly grain-free and sugar-free diet once baby Leo is born, I had basically decided that I was not going to give up anything for Lent. I would try to introduce more prayer and reading of scripture but that was it. Well, after a conversation with my wonderful and pious husband I realized this was not going to fly. I am not going to give up desserts (I am only supposed to have one per week anyway). So I have given up my Caffeine Free Diet Coke. I did not realize how much I looked forward to these guys until Ash Wednesday. God knows there are a lot of others who have done and are doing a great deal more than me. Oh well - it's a start!
Please keep our little family in your prayers! One way or another this time next week we will finally be able to hold baby Leo in our arms!
Enjoy your weekend and make sure you start it off right by heading over and checking out Jen and the other fabulous Quick Takers!
~ Happy Friday ~