Sunday, February 10, 2013

What I Wore Sunday (Vol. 6)

Technically this post should be called "What I Wore to Vigil Mass", but if I had done that then I would have to miss out on the continuity and not be able to add "Vol. 6" to the post title and that was all just a bit too much to sacrifice. Yes, based on that sentence alone you probably have a good idea how well I do during the Lenten season!

I do not prefer attending vigils (excepting Easter and Christmas) but in order for Ben and me to be able to attend mass together we had no other choice, on account of him having to leave bright and early Sunday morning for his big interview. There seems to have been some sort of conspiracy at St. Matthew's today involving pacing : The lector took pauses every few words for dramatic effect, the cantor did not seem to grasp the difference between quarter notes and whole notes, the (very sweet) priest saying mass is foreign, older, and quiet and so that combination alone made things quite a bit tedious, and finally there was the couple who were there to pitch the Spring Marriage Encounter weekend and found a way to make that last for over five minutes (Note : The key to a good pitch is to have good, interesting information that you can relay concisely).

I suppose I was more annoyed affected by these factors because I was (a) hungry and more importantly (b) experiencing real contractions for the first time this pregnancy. Yes, that's right - the night before my husband and my doctor are set to go out of town for a few days is when those bad boys hit. They lasted a few hours after mass but quickly died down after I ate something (Panda Express - because you care) and drank a LOT of water! Here is hoping (and praying!) that they do not return until Wednesday morning at the earliest!

What's that you say? Will I stop my complaining and meandering and actually reveal what I wore? Why certainly!!!



38 Weeks 6 Days

 

<3

 The Deets....

Shirt : Banana Republic (i.e. eBay, because I can't even afford their socks)
Jacket : Calvin Klein/Macy's
Pants : Motherhood Maternity/Macy's
Shoes : Target (from every WIWS post ever)
Necklace : Gift from my amazing sister-in-law
Earrings : Etsy

Thanks for stopping by and if you could please keep our little family in your prayers - it has the potential to be a very big week for us! Also, remember to stop by Monday and check out/join in on the latest post in my weekly recipe series

Don't forget to head over to check out all of the lovely ladies (and gents) at Fine Linen and Purple!

~ Happy Sunday ~

20 comments:

  1. 38 weeks - wow! Congrats. And, the outfit is lovely. That color looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) The shirt is not maternity so there was a significant amount of tugging involved to keep it low enough to hide the oh-so-attractive full panel of my maternity jeans haha

      Delete
  2. You look beautiful! I love the color of your top. Prayers coming your way for this big week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll definitely praying for you in these last weeks of your pregnancy! You look lovely =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! Yay for Panda Express to curb the hunger. I was sad when we moved and its not near us anymore. Good luck this week. I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the first time I had ever eaten their food and I have to say I was pleased. Ben and I agree that Panda Express is to Chinese food what Taco Bell is to Mexican food and that is just fine! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm with you on the pitches @ mass. You look so cute! Love that blue color & necklace. Will definitely offer prayers for you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And one last note on pitches, when you are trying to get people excited about a marriage encounter weekend you should probably know your own love story enough that you don't get lost in your notes.... It was slightly awkward

      Delete
  6. I had contractions starting weeks before I gave birth. Your body is getting ready. :) How exciting! Just a tip- I had an OB tell me that if you want to slow contractions down, get into a nice warm bath. It makes your muscles relax and will delay labor. Also, you look adorable. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that when advice involves a "nice warm bath" I am all about it! And thank you :)

      Delete
  7. We went to vigil mass too. Vigil mass is always odd to me too, and yours sounded like there was even more oddities. You look great! Maybe you will have a baby in your arms by next week. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Contractions?? Awesome...but I do understand your desire for them to not reappear before hubby gets back. I will say a little prayer that that is the case. Love that shade of blue...just LOVE it! You look beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary! So sweet of you :)
      I want the contractions to wait so that Ben and I can face all of that together. Even though contractions do not signify labor until they are becoming consistent, there is a certain level of anxiety that creeps in for me when they occur because of the possibility that they *could* be the real thing and Ben is 9+ hrs away.

      Delete
  9. You look great! That necklace is amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. looking GOOD. looking good, period. the worst is "you look great for being ... pregnant."

    nope, just great!!!

    Love that necklace ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Grace! haha It always cracks me up when people try to give pregnancy compliments. The cashier at Panda Express told me "Wow you look like you have a basketball in there!". I feel like it's a yoga ball, though, so I will take basketball any day of the week ;)

      Delete
  11. You look beautiful! What an amazing color that top is.

    Precious necklace! What a loving gift.

    ReplyDelete