Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Five Favorites (Vol. 5)


Hey all! Today I am attempting a brief return to the world of blogging in the midst of the chaos that is our life at the moment. I apologize in advance for how nonsensical this post is. It doesn't take a lot for me to feel overwhelmed (I'm awesome that way) but these days I think there may be actual legitimacy to it. Anyways, all the more reason to join Hallie for today's Five Favorites!

- 1 -
Family Vacation

Yes, it looks exactly like a foot
 My incredible husband graciously allowed me to hijack our son and trek down to Hilton Head Island, SC for a few days so that I could join my family and maternal relatives on their yearly vacation. Not only did he have to sacrifice having us around for a few days (this sounds like I'm being sarcastic but for once, no) but he also had to drive to and from Chicago twice! The traffic was as pleasant as one could expect from Chicago but we all survived. After approximately 3 hrs of driving Leo and I hopped on a tiny plane that took us to Savannah and from there we drove another hour to our final destination. All in all it was a LONG day but Leo did admirably and I was impressed by how helpful the folks in ORD were. Despite not actually making it to the beach our time down there was awesome!

- 2 -
Biking


While I was down in South Carolina I had the opportunity to bike. I am a big fan of biking on flat terrain (cannot emphasize FLAT TERRAIN enough) and an even bigger fan of biking in Hilton Head. I have to admit that I like the design of the bikes we rent down there. Translation : wide seats only, please! Seriously I don't know how anyone bikes on those skinny seats. I should probably stop writing about this....

- 3 -
The Crazy Crab

Luckily the crab looks different when it's served
I tend to like seafood. I am not that adventurous but I enjoy scallops, shrimp, crab, etc. Living in the Midwest tends to limit access to good seafood so whenever I end up on the coast I do my best to get some. My favorite place in Hilton Head for seafood is The Crazy Crab and thanks to the flexibility of my family I was able to go. I have to admit that I am not just a fan of their seafood - their hush puppies are to die for!!!

- 4 -
Polyvore
As much as I love Pinterest (yeah, it's ridiculous but truly I do use it for good and not for evil!) I can only repin so much while I am nursing before I need a change of pace. Not wanting to break the trend of putting my time to bad use, I now spend obscene amounts of time scanning the Polyvore app and drooling over outfits and looks I cannot afford. It's like chicken soup for the soul, man....

- 5 -
Chocolate Milk
Because I am 4 years old at heart
Ladies and gentlemen, I can have dairy again!!!!!!! Do you know what this means?! Yes, it means I have to return to my limited grain diet but now I can have glorious things like cheese with my eggs and cottage cheese with fruit for breakfast and chocolate milk. Or as I like to call it, The Crowning Jewel of Dairy. Life is good!

~ Happy Wednesday ~

6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you can have dairy again!!! All the chocolate milk, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard of Polyvore before going on Pinterest. I love being able to create outfits (that I could never afford). I've never been to Hilton Head, but have heard a lot of good things! And beach bikes are so fun. ALSO- awesome that you can have dairy again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the outfits are insanely expensive but it's fun to dream. I almost feel like a kid playing dress up :)

      Delete
  3. I've never used one of those super tiny bicycle seats that are on road bikes, but my seat is still smaller than those comfy beach bikes. I admit that it was slightly uncomfortable at first, but whether or not this is a good thing, it only took about a week to get used to. Even after a full winter with no bicycle riding, I never had to re-acclimate to the small-ish seat again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would definitely look more normal for me to get used to a normal seat size! Might have to bite the bullet some day and do that....

      Delete