Sunday, December 16, 2012

What I Wore Sunday (Vol. 1)

Truth be told I am having a hard time admitting to myself that I am posting this. Not because I think the concept is silly but rather because I usually avoid having pictures taken of me and this requires me to do so willingly. Ah well, yet another opportunity to swallow my pride and just share in the fun!

I apologize if the picture below is not super clear - my actual camera has zero battery so my incredible husband only had an iPhone to work with. Also, he wanted me to make sure that I mentioned him and the fact that he cooperated so fantastically.
1. Will keep hair out of face next time
2. Will try to have better lighting       
3. Will not pose arms so awkwardly  

I was forced to take the picture outside because the lights in our apartment have been on the fritz lately so there is little reliable lighting (iPhone flash is a disaster) and, lest we forget, it is so untidy inside that I am fairly sure that there is no workable background. Anyways!

Necklace : Freshwater Pearls from England (courtesy of my beloved husband)
Earrings (hidden by unruly hair) : Etsy
Shirt/Dress : Amazon
Maternity Pants : Target
Shoes : TJ Maxx

For those of you who are looking for combinations that are more (a) creative (b) thought out and (c) beautiful please visit my amazing sister-in-law Ana or the wonderful peeps over at Fine Linen and Purple!

~ Happy Sunday ~


10 comments:

  1. Nice tunic top! I've really gotten into wearing them lately. I like how they're so versatile--you can wear them over jeans for a casual look, or with leggings to be more dressy. My mom is rather tired of my buying them right now :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If I could wear tunics everyday I'd be absolutely delighted! This is advertised as a dress by the seller but at 5"11 most "dresses" become tunics at best and sometimes just normal length shirts! Still, as long as they fit I'm content :)

      Delete
    2. Hannah... I'm 6 ft tall so I can totally relate! Tall girls like us make it work, though! You look fantastic!

      Delete
    3. Thank you! I love to imagine that I'd be way more stylish if I could just figure out how to do simple things like alter clothes, but I am too nervous to try and really the idea of me wielding sharp objects conjures up all sorts of bad things....

      Delete
  2. Love your shirt/dress/tunic - the color is great! And why haven't I ever thought to look on Amazon for clothes?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've gotta be honest - I love any type of shopping that allows me to stay out of an actual store! That and I love being able to narrow my options so easily (e.g. price/color/fabric/etc). Returns are pretty easy too, though you have to check the seller's profile to be sure. Happy hunting!

      Delete
  3. I love a tunic/dress with long sleeves. Easy tip- just face your lighting source the next time and the pic should turn out peachy-keen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the dress! And the shoes. And you don't look awkward. Thanks so much for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tunic, and the pearls are so pretty. Etsy is awesome for finding jewelry. You look great, Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, just catching up on blogs now--I'm behind! I love the outfit! I'm all about not going into actual stores myself. I also have the opposite issue with height, obviously =). I try to make it work too!--power to us!

    ReplyDelete