Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Five Favorites : Food Edition



- 1 -

Maybe it's angry, but my taste buds are thrilled!

I am a BIG fan of hard cider! I had some a few years ago in a delightful Pittsburgh pub and liked it then but never really saw it for sale in stores until recently (admittedly I was not looking hard). Ben bought some the other day and it was just delicious! Which brings me to my next favorite....

- 2 -

Hours of fun

When Ben and I were drinking our hard cider we felt like something was missing. Yeah, it was a yummy beverage but it needed a savory snack to go along with it. Chips wouldn't do and maybe pretzels but that wasn't a sure thing either. Then it all became clear - we needed Triscuits and Sharp (seriously sharp) White Cheddar cheese! So the next day I popped over to the grocery store and bought both. They were gone almost immediately. Why? If you need to ask then you obviously haven't tried it....

- 3 -



My name is Hannah and I'm a Pita-Chip-Aholic. It has been far, far too long since my last bag. Every now and then I can't help myself and buy a bag. How long does the bag last me? About one sitting - two if I'm very controlled. I'm not kidding and I am not referring to the "snack size" either. It's a problem. A delicious, scrumptious problem....

- 4 -



I am not a big hummus fan. If I grab some it's usually just so I have an excuse to eat pita chips (see above). There is one type of hummus that I like a lot, however - Red Pepper Hummus. It is amazing and needs to be in my fridge right now. 

- 5 - 


I don't know if you were aware of this but liquid is devoid of calories. Or rather, I have operated under this theory for many years without realizing it until recently. I could be on the most stringent diet ever but still not bat an eye over a medium (or grande if you insist on being a pretentious tool) White Chocolate Mocha. I don't care if it's Starbucks or The Daily Grind - gimme summa dat! It is the only hot beverage that I have ordered at coffee shops since I was 14 years old. You can keep your lattes and fancy espressos - I will have the obscenely sugary "coffee" that could probably provide caloric support to half of Russia. 


~ Happy Wednesday ~


1 comment:

  1. Cabot + Triscuits are one of my FAV snacks. I can never go back to mild cheddar!
    Not sure if you like flavored pita chips, but Stacys comes out w/ Gingerbread pita chips around Christmas, and it is so hard for me not to eat an entire bag in one sitting!

    ReplyDelete